Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Welcome to WRD 110!


Greetings!

Welcome to WRD 110, also known as Composition & Communication I. I'm your fearless instructor, Rachael Hoy. I look forward to getting to know you and working with you throughout the semester. 


Just as "Life moves pretty fast" (as Ferris Bueller says), the semester moves pretty fast too. With that in mind, I have a couple of notes to help get you started. 


During the semester, you'll be keeping a blog.  It will be used for a variety of writing assignments, including projects or field notes, smaller pieces that will be developed and worked into the projects, research summaries, and reflections. This will provide one way of sharing information and serve as a record for your work. By the end of the course, your journal will be a testament to your own credibility that you have built through critical inquiry. As such, you will need to set up a blog and e-mail me the link. Instructions for setting up a blog on Blogger are below.


Feel free to e-mail me with any questions you stumble upon along the way. 


************************************************************

Setting Up Your Blog

Step 1: Create a Blogger Account and create a new blog for this class. The best way to do this is to use your first name & last initial, so that I can easily identify whose blog it is. Blogger is supported through Google...so if you use gmail, you'll have a pretty easy set-up with your gmail account. You can absolutely feel free to use a different account if you want, but linking it all means you don't have to log in and out of gmail/blogger all the time. If you have a different email, no big deal! Just follow the instructions with whatever account you choose.

Step 2: Name your Blog. You can be as creative as you want with the title.

Step 3: Design your blog. You can be as creative as you want, the only requirement is that somewhere on it, I can see your first name and last initial.

No comments:

Post a Comment